Uplyme Boarders 1947 to 1995

Do you know what became of your schoolfriends? Or want to find out?
Peter Archer

Uplyme Boarders 1947 to 1995

Postby Peter Archer » Sat May 17, 2014 4:43 pm

I have been attempting to compile a list of Old Wycombiensians who were boarders at Uplyme. Not an impossible task one would have thought but one which presented a series of hurdles. My main source of information has been the annual "Grey Books" but,regrettably, not infallible. Despite the sterling efforts of Messrs Hare and Saunders there are considerable gaps. The records from 1943 to 1955 only tell me who were boarders - not which House, and from 1970 they cease to be published. More recently the Data Protection regulations have prevented the Development department from allowing me access to the archives.

It has been suggested that secreted away in attics and cellars around the country there must be long forgotten copies of these books and this is an appeal to all Old Wycombiensians to search the dark corners and let me know if you find any old records. I undertake not to broadcast any information that comes to light other than to fellow Old Uplymers and then only with the permission of those concerned.

There are something in excess of 300 names on the list so far of which about 90 are on the "active" list, by which I mean that I have current email addresses to which occasional News Letters are sent. I have also been known to encourage attendance at the annual Old Wycombiensians Dinner.

If you are able to help me in this self-imposed challenge, please drop me a line at uplymereunion@gmail.com so that we can discuss means of getting the information to me without you having to spend hours slaving over a hot scanner.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Peter Archer (1958 - 1962)