General announcements and forum rules. Read this before registering.

IMPORTANT - please register your name as 'forename surname' or 'school-nickname surname' so we all know who you are.
John Saunders
Site Administrator

Postby John Saunders » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Personally, I would greatly prefer it if people registered using sensible names, i.e. their own forename/nickname and surname (with a space in between). You can supply your own avatar or, if you ask nicely, I can create one from your old school photo.
John Saunders
RGS 1963-70 (personal website http://www.saund.co.uk)

John Saunders
Site Administrator

Re: Registration: Name Convention

Postby John Saunders » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:44 pm

Hello, this is your virtual headmaster speaking... it has been brought to my attention that one boy (and I know exactly who he is) has dared to flout the rules regarding name standardisation and sign up here using only his school nickname :x . Well... alright then, since he and I were in the same class and used to sit next to each other during Min's English classes. Can I recommend to everybody the feature that allows you to put a standard message at the bottom of every posting - it's a good place to put your name and years at the school. You do it as follows...

FAQ wrote:To add a signature to a post you must first create one via your User Control Panel. Once created, you can check the Attach a signature box on the posting form to add your signature. You can also add a signature by default to all your posts by checking the appropriate radio button in your profile. If you do so, you can still prevent a signature being added to individual posts by un-checking the add signature box within the posting form.
John Saunders
RGS 1963-70 (personal website http://www.saund.co.uk)